276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Betty Crocker Supermoist Strawberry Cake Mix 432g (15.25oz) Pack of 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. I decided to frost my strawberry cakes with lemon buttercream! But any kind of buttercream would work like cream cheese frosting, stabilized whipped cream or fresh strawberry buttercream. After you mix up your cake batter, divide it into three 8" cake pans. If you only have one pan, you can bake one at a time and leave the leftover batter in the fridge until you need it. White chocolate chips– we use 1 cup because we like a lot of chocolate chips but you could use 2/3 if you prefer less or even leave them out. You can also freeze the cookie dough in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before baking. Baking Tips

They make the cutest edible gift, and perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion. You’re going to absolutely LOVE them! Fill your chilled layers of cake with the lemon buttercream. I shoot for about ¼" of buttercream between my cake layers. Repeat with all the cake layers then cover the entire cake with a thin coat of buttercream. This is called the crumb coat and seals in all the cake crumbs. I have experimented a few times with adding fresh fruit to box mix and it generally works really well. Strawberries work best if you use a reduced puree or fruit preserves so that you aren't adding too much liquid into the cake recipe. The best strawberry cake mix recipe! I'm obsessed with a good strawberry cake from scratch but sometimes I just don't have a lot of time and need a good strawberry cake recipe FAST! This is my go-to strawberry cake mix recipe with lemon easy buttercream!

Cups of Batter Needed

Sky’s the limit.Try different flavor combinations, using different cake mixes. More easy desserts full of strawberry flavor Put the cake into the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up the crumb coat. Then you can put your final layer of buttercream on the cake and decorate it any way you like! I decorated mine with sweetapolita sprinkles. This is the "Twinkle" sprinkle medley! One of my favorites! I tried adding chopped strawberries one time and it turned out ok but the strawberries got a little soggy inside the cake and turned grey around the edges. If you want to make variations of this recipe, you can use any type of cake mix! The sky is the limit. NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.

Baking Powder: Be sure to use fresh baking powder for best results. This helps to create a fluffier texture.Swap the chips: Don’t care for white chocolate? Dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips are great options that add a different flavor. To make my easy buttercream into lemon buttercream, I just added in some fresh lemon curd, lemon extract and lemon zest, then mixed it all together. You can leave the lemon curd out if you don't have any but it is pretty yummy and easy to make! I personally prefer Duncan Hines box mixes. I think they taste the best and are very moist. Their strawberry box mix is already super tasty but I add in a few ingredients to make it taste even better.

The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.

Sharing is Caring

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment