276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Killer in the Kremlin: The instant bestseller - a gripping and explosive account of Vladimir Putin's tyranny

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Deliveries to destinations outside Australia are made by DHL courier, and cannot be made to post office boxes. Sweeney outlines briefly Putin's early life - some fascinating suggestions on his treatment as a child - to his KGB career - again suggesting why Putin languished in Russia and Dresden - and then onto his rise through domestic politics to leader of Russia. I must admit that still plowing through John Sweeny's excellent paperback edition "Killer in the Kremlin", so it really a brief review of what I have read. After a career with the BBC, Sweeney is now determined to let the world know the Russia story under Putin, and the evidence that that this man is a sadistic psychopathic kleptocratic pleoneviat (look it up). BORIS NEMTSOV, ASSASSINATED RUSSIAN OPPOSITION LEADER * 'A dictator, bent on rebuilding an empire, will never erase the people's love for liberty.

Buzzfeed News reports that he left the BBC after 17 years as a veteran journalist after a complaint was filed against him. Before that he worked at The Observer, covering wars and revolutions in more than sixty countries including Romania, Algeria, Iraq, Chechnya, Burundi, and Bosnia. Untrained conscripts were sent to their deaths against tough Chechen fighters led by experienced commanders, including Dzhokhar Dudayev and Aslan Maskhadov, who had been senior Soviet officers. While unreservedly condemning his brutal murder I should admit that Nemtsov did not make a similar impression on me. John has profoundly provided a gift for all mankind to an awareness of the courageous who went before us, for all of us!What struck me most, though, were the first-hand accounts of the Ukrainian people suffering at the hands of the Russian dictator; this really served to humanise the war narrative and reiterated why the Ukrainians must win. The book starts out with some passionate, melodramatic self-aggrandising about Sweeney's adventures in Ukraine, which could have been interesting if spun out into an examination of the present, Russia's crimes and the impact he's observed in Ukrainian society.

I share many of the author’s views on the current Kremlin regime, especially that the invasion of Ukraine was not only morally indefensible but was also a serious military mistake. I knew Yuri and often shared a glass or two with him in his office when he was a Duma deputy for the Yabloko party and deputy editor of the independent newspaper Novaya Gazeta. How can anyone believe him when he continues to spew the 100% discredited Trump Russia collusion narrative. His death made a striking impression on Sweeney: “Nemtsov was an extraordinary man, the sweetest, funniest and most human Russian I’ve ever met.In the midst of one of the darkest acts of aggression in modern history - Russia's invasion of Ukraine - this book shines a light on Putin's rule and poses urgent He's obviously been reading Masha Gessen, heavily - no bad thing because her books are great - but if you want a book examining Putin and taking guesses as to what's wrong with him then read The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin, which is truly excellent. The resilience and spirit of the Ukrainian people is admirable to behold and Sweeney’s assumption and opinions concerning Putin’s health and state of mind makes for interesting reading.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment