276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Last Goodbye: The heart-pounding new thriller from the bestselling author of The Blackbird

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In this instalment David Raker has been asked by Rebekah Murphy, who we were introduced to in the previous book, to find her mother who disappeared in 1985 when Rebekah was three. She always wondered what happened to her. When she suddenly starts receiving condolence cards through the post who she thinks are from her mother. As always, the story is complex and requires a lot of concentration to keep it straight in your head but if you have read his books before you will understand this and know it is definitely worth it. I'd definitely recommend for those who love to solve a missing persons' case - this is the first Tim Weaver book I've read and it most definitely won't be the last. The conclusion of the book was very clever and it left me wanting to read more about both David and Healy and perhaps some of the other characters. MISSING by Tim Weaver on iTunes". itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/missing/id1034408710?mt=2 . Retrieved 2 September 2015.

Not for the first time my partner and I agreed that even an ordinary Weaver story is better than most thing we read. This is definitely not an ordinary Weaver tale and the 5 stars are happily given. While Raker travels far and wide in pursuit of Fiona, pulling in favours from some frankly reluctant sources and effectively putting himself in danger, Healy is trapped behind bars with plenty of time to ponder upon his current situation and how everything came to this pretty pass. As the walls start to close in, so does an overweening sense of danger – and when someone offers him a juicy get-out-of-jail card, he is sorely tempted to snatch it with both hands. But what if his freedom comes at too high a price? The investigation at the core of "The Last Goodbye" is a labyrinthine enigma, requiring readers to remain alert and astute at every turn. Weaver deftly introduces an array of characters, their identities often shrouded in secrecy and their names morphing in a dizzying dance of deception. Keeping up with these intricacies may prove challenging, but it is a testament to Weaver's skill that he maintains a sense of clarity amidst the complexity.ONE DEVASTATING SECRET: At first, the two disappearances - decades apart - seem unrelated. But as Raker digs deeper, he starts to unravel an elaborate history of lies binding the cases together. Worse, there's someone terrifying hiding in the shadows - and they're hoping the truth never comes out.... The Drum – Specsavers and Penguin team up to let crime fans create #youdunnit novella through social media". thedrum.com/. 13 September 2013 . Retrieved 18 November 2013.

Find sources: "Tim Weaver"author– news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR ( October 2013) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) As with all the authors books there is a good beginning,how the ‘missing’ part has happened,a tense and exciting middle where it is investigated and a robust ending where things all start to make sense Grips like a vice and twists like a rollercoaster. I mpossibly clever. Impossible to put down' CHRIS WHITAKER

Select a format:

The tension builds throughout and as soon as I had finished it I was instantly looking forward to the next instalment.

Chasing the Dead – Tim Weaver – Penguin Books". Penguin.co.uk. 7 July 2011 . Retrieved 1 September 2013. Family ties, love and loyalty are threads that also run through Exiles by Jane Harper, which also centres upon the mystery of a mother who vanished without trace. After a while, I began wondering why, although his books are a lot grittier and I don't agree with everything he's said re. politics, I found Anthony Horowitz's books just so much more appealing. And I eventually hit upon it: he lets women be bitches.For example the story opens with the disappearance of a man and his nine-year-old son from the ghost house at a fun park. They’re seen queuing to go in and then entering the ghost house, but while customer both in front of and behind them in the queue safely leave the ride as expected, the man and his son never emerge and while some of their belongings are found inside there’s no sign of where they’ve disappeared to. As I've said although this is book 12 in the series, It can be read as a standalone because there are references to past events but they are briefly explained, which helps the reader to connect with the characters. It always amazes me how authors manage to not only invent new stories for long-running characters but also keep the books fresh, Tim Weaver is an artist at that! As always the David Raker novels are well thought out and excellently written. Excellent and realistic characters and lots of information to keep your mind thinking. Each character is well developed, each with their own secrets and motivations. The deeper David Raker investigates the more the intrigue, uncovering more secrets as the truth unravels. The story is expertly paced to keep the reader hanging on every word and detail.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment