276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pop-Tarts, Breakfast Toaster Pastries, Frosted Crisp Apple, Good Source of 3 B Vitamins, 13.5oz Box

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I recommend using a ruler and a pizza cutter to help make accurate, clean cuts in the dough but nothing fancy is necessary!

I just wanted to clarify, if the recipe as written makes 12 pop tarts, shouldn’t we cut the dough into 24 squares rather than the 12 stated in the instructions, so that there is a top and bottom piece for each pop tart? Once the pop-tarts are chilled, use a fork to poke 3 sets of holes in the dough to allow steam to escape. Gently press the edges of the dough with your finger tips to seal the top and bottom crusts together. We’d estimate you’d need ~1 3/4 – 2 cups if replacing all the flours, or 1 1/2 cups if keeping the almond flour and just replacing the other GF flours.With the sweetness from the apples and the flakey buttery-ness of the pie crust, it truly is the perfect bite! Usually I am just an observer and not a commenter but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your recipes, at least my mouth appreciates them, my behind……not so much, and this one looks like another winner. Use your fingers to gently press the dough around the jam filling down (this is more of an extra security that helps to keep the jam in place). Along with the cold butter, we want to use ice cold water in the pie dough to help keep that butter firm.

Blend up the apples until they reach a jam like consistency and there aren't any large chunks of apple left. These apple pop tarts have a crispy golden brown crust, sweet apple butter filling, and a delicious cinnamon frosting.You can pick up your pop-tarts one at a time and dip them face-down in the icing and then place them back on your cooling rack. Cook this mixture in a pan over medium heat for 5 minutes until they soften and so the cornstarch can begin to thicken the mixture up.

If you try it, we’d suggest adding only 1/3 cup more gluten-free flour blend since it’s more absorbent than almond. Add more melted vegan butter to the tops and bake for 19-22 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Use a paring knife to cut a small X into the center of each pop tart (to prevent cracking) and sprinkle cane sugar on each pop tart (optional). You’ll also chill the assembled pop-tarts for about 30 minutes before baking to give the dough time to rest and for the butter to firm up.Toast the marshmallow on top to get that campfire feel and drizzle on some additional Nutella for extra chocolatey goodness.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment