276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A is for Activist

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I love that there is now a book I can share with my granddaughters that teaches a new vocabulary about human and social justice values - and workers rights!

A former colleague posted a photo of a children’s book as her Facebook profile picture – A is for Activist by Innosanto Nagara.

Certain pages taught me things, other pages made me well up, all the pages made me glad my children would be hearing these messages from a young age.

After studying zoology and philosophy at UC David, he moved to the San Francisco Bay Area, where he worked as a graphic designer for a range of social change organizations, before founding the Design Action Collective, a worker-owned cooperative design studio in Oakland, California. Once they are in grade 4 or so, we can start telling them the details of the harsh reality of this world. Following the success of A is for Activist, Inno wrote and illustrated a follow-up board book, Counting on Community (2015). If you want to make a board book touching on social issues it should be understandable for young children.Inno lives in a co-housing community in Oakland where his child is the youngest of eight children to be born into the household. Now with sign-language pictures of each letter in keeping with Nagara's inclusive vision, this engaging book carries huge messages as it inspires hope for the future.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment