276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Russian Roulette: The Story of an Assassin (Alex Rider Adventure)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you have already read through Alex Rider series then, chances are that you have finished this too, if not then remedy that and then just keep on reading. I highly recommend this to everyone who's read the other 9 books of the series, and even for those who haven't, it's the perfect place to start! the series comes fully circle. This is the beginning of Alex's journey as well, since it involves his father somewhat The character I fell the most sympathy for is also Yassen Gregorovich as his friend, parents and grandmother died when he was young. Also he worked as a slave in Russia, Moscow for around 3 years.

Some may question the morality of a children’s book that makes young readers empathise so strongly with a contract killer, but I found Horowitz’s exploration of what might cause a child to grow up to become a deadly assassin to be sensitively handled and one of the reasons why, for me, this is the best book he’s written.

Some may question the morality of a children's book that makes young readers empathise so strongly with a contract killer, but I found Horowitz's exploration of what might cause a child to grow up to become a deadly assassin to be sensitively handled and one of the reasons why, for me, this is the best book he's written. The final book in the #1 bestselling Alex Rider series with over 6 million copies sold in the U.S. alone ! I also really wish (and this is a spoiler for EAGLE STRIKE so if you haven't read that, then um... lol why did you read this one?) So, what do you do with this new perspective on Alex Rider’s nemesis? Go and re-read the series from the beginning, obviously. Spoiler alert.Now, there is a plot hole in this story, but I feel compelled to correct a mistake I made in an earlier review. I falsely stated that Yassen felt no loyalty to John Rider after discovering he was an agent for MI6. I reread the book, however, and saw what I had, eh, skipped.

Fourteen year old Yasha Gregororvich is set on a life changing journey when his childhood home is destroyed by a powerful criminal. As Yasha grows into a man, he is bullied, mistreated, and must fight to survive, all the while being pulled into a world of evil and death he has no desire for, but won't let him go. In the end, it will be the pull of a trigger, and not his own choice, which decides his fate... What’s impressive about Anthony Horowitz’s new book, ‘Russian Roulette’, is that, for me, the answer to all those questions is yes. Horowitz has created a powerful and original story in which the bad guy is not only the ‘hero’, but also someone you wish you could save. The style is slightly different from the rest of the series as most of it is written in first person instead of third person, but it's still a really enjoyable read! I really wish that Yassen could have changed his ways or something before he died. I wish there could have been more closure for his character. I feel like he deserved so much more. He never even wanted to become an assassin in the first place and then he just died 😭 Horowitz's writing style is perfect for teenagers (and even for elderly readers like me). He is never patronising. He resists the temptation to which so many other writers for children (and even adults) give in to lecture and educate. He just tells a story beautifully and grippingly.The novel Alex Rider,' Russian Roulette' by Anthony Horowitz is about a boy called Yassen Gregorovich who lives in Russia and his life story. It tells the reader about his hard childhood and how he then later on became an infamous assassin and attempts to kill Alex Rider This is book number 10 in the Alex Rider series but in actuality it recounts events which happen before the series even begins. This is the story of one of the bad guys from Alex's adventures, his name is Yassen Gregorovitch. Everyone knows the story of Alex and how he was badgered into becoming a spy, but no one knows how Yassen ended up in his line of work - a hired killer - and their stories are not too far apart from one another.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment