276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Acting in Film: An Actor's Take on Moviemaking (The Applause Acting Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rob Carnevale, The Prestige – Michael Caine Interview, Indie London at www.indielondon.co.uk. Retrieved 4 January 2012 In essence, economy in storytelling is about making every word, scene, and character count. It's a skill that involves careful planning, editing, and a deep understanding of what is essential to the story's core message and emotional impact. All actors steal certain gestures and behaviors from other actors -- but the best actors make these gestures their own. Steal from the best, and make it your own. Michael Caine". The Biography Channel. Archived from the original on 29 March 2009 . Retrieved 17 October 2009. Michael., Caine (2010), The Elephant to Hollywood, Macmillan Audiobook, ISBN 9781427211781, OCLC 676797880

Various Artists – Cained". UMTV. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011 . Retrieved 17 October 2009. Trimming Excess: During the editing phase, writers look critically at their work to remove any elements that don't serve the story. This might involve cutting redundant scenes, streamlining dialogue, or even removing characters that don't add significant value to the narrative. Throughout his career, Caine collected six Oscar nominations, won two Academy Awards, three Golden Globes, a Screen Actors Guild Award and a BAFTA. He's also written two memoirs including 1992’s “What’s It All about” and 2010’s "The Elephant to Hollywood.” Despite the fact the book is overpriced, too short, too vague, and littered with more photographs than copy, there is some value in Michael Caine's "Acting In Film: An Actor's Take On Movie Making." I did very much enjoy what Caine had to say, even when I did not understand what he was talking about. I’ve just been watching quite a few Michael Caine videos this evening and I thought I would share some of the best ones with you. If you’ve never seen any of Michael Caine’s videos on acting do yourself a favour and watch a few of these. Some of the videos below are a little old-fashioned, but there are some gems in there. Michael Caine is a master of film acting so pay attention class…John Hind (13 September 2009). "This Much I Know, an Interview with Michael Caine". The Observer. UK . Retrieved 14 November 2010. ; "Michael Caine – Biography". Talk Talk . Retrieved 14 November 2010.

Silvia, Erin (20 September 2023). "Michael Caine, 90, Makes First Red Carpet Appearance in Years at 'The Great Escaper' London Premiere". Hollywood Life . Retrieved 29 September 2023. Stephenson, Hannah (18 October 2018). "Sir Michael Caine – story of a British film icon". The Yorkshire Post . Retrieved 13 November 2021. Australian Penthouse – Michael Caine: 1960s". Real Art Press . Retrieved 17 June 2022. With his no-nonsense, laconic delivery, horn-rimmed glasses and sharply cut suits, he epitomised a new class of British cool. "Michael Caine was the 1960s,"

Featured in...

Michael Caine interview: Legendary actor recalls singing pub tunes with "good friend" Elton John". Smooth Radio . Retrieved 26 November 2019.

Zulu War 1879 Discussion and Reference Forum (A Small Victorian War in 1879) in www.1879zuluwar.com/t3518-films-of-michael-caine. Retrieved 14 January 2012 Hamilton, Fiona (1 July 2007). "Best of Times Worst of Times Michael Caine". The Times. London . Retrieved 5 April 2010. McIntosh, Steven (13 October 2023). "Michael Caine confirms retirement from acting after The Great Escaper". BBC . Retrieved 13 October 2023.David Oyelowo on reinventing classic fairy-tale characters for Sundance-bound Come Away". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved 28 November 2020. France Bestows Culture Honor on Michael Caine". The New York Times. 6 January 2011 . Retrieved 6 January 2011. Michael Caine on Brexit, Boris Johnson and big breaks: "I've done 150 movies. I think that's enough" ". The Guardian. 18 October 2021 . Retrieved 18 October 2021. a b Van, Eliot. "Actor Michael Caine Releases Chill Compilation: Cained". Wired . Retrieved 26 April 2013.

Streamlining Plot: This involves focusing on essential plot points that drive the story forward. Subplots that don't contribute to the central narrative or theme are often minimized or eliminated.

Credits

Sir Michael Caine: 'Labour's Mansion Tax is preposterous and silly' ". eveningstandard.co.uk. 6 November 2014 . Retrieved 26 March 2020. Sir Michael Caine admits he has never seen the much-derided Jaws 4". Irish Independent. 15 January 2016 . Retrieved 13 November 2021. Blowing the Bloody Doors Off: And Other Lessons in Life. Hodder & Stoughton. 18 October 2018. ISBN 9781473689343 . Retrieved 28 December 2018.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment