276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hyundai 8 Litre Air Compressor, 550W, 4CFM/118psi, Low Noise, Lightweight, Oil Free, Direct Drive, Quick Release Air Connections with 2 Year Warranty

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Notable dislikes with the Hyundai HY5508 include a power cable that is a bit on the short side, although if one is to get a long enough air line, this should not be a serious concern. Another notable inconvenience concerns the push-pull power switch that controls mains power to the air compressor, which can be quite stiff and require significant finger strength to operate.

As for the standout positive features of the 24L Orazio air compressor compared to its competitors, these are, firstly, that it is one of the few oil-free air compressors of its size readily available to the UK consumer. Oil-free air compressors have a number of advantages over oil-dependent ones including being cheaper and requiring less maintenance. One disadvantage of oil-free air compressors is that they are usually louder than their oil-bearing equivalents. However, as alluded to earlier, this is not the case for the 24L Orazio air compressor and in fact represents its second standout feature, which is the ability to easily hold a normal conversation over the sound emanating from it. Keep in mind though that the ‘hissing’ sound at motor cutout, typical of most air compressors, is still just as noisy on the Orazio machine as it is on other machines but fortunately very brief in duration. Weighing only 15kg the HY5508 whisper compressor is lighter than your conventional piston type air compressor and is completely oil-free, so there is no risk of oil contamination in the air supply. The motor on the Orazio machine is one of the smaller motors available for a 24L air receiver operating at only 750W or 1 hp. This means that although it can attain the same maximum pressure level as other 24L machines, it takes longer to do so, and will not be able to produce the same level of consistent airflow as air compressors with larger motors. However, it is not all bad having a smaller motor as the flip side is that the 24L Orazio air compressor is one of the quietest in its category emitting an operating sound of only 65 dB. The smaller motor also means an overall lighter weight machine which is easier to carry around and manoeuvre compared to its competitors.Hyundai HY5508 8 Litre Oil Free Direct Drive Air Compressor - 4CFM/118psi, Silenced 0.75hp Warranty Like the air compressor from SGS, the ParkerBrand 24L machine has a 2.5 hp motor and a relatively small 24 litre air receiver, which together maintain the air pressure in the tank at approximately 115 psi and provide a maximum air displacement value of 9.6 CFM. This air displacement figure is equivalent to approximately 6.4 CFM free air delivery which is the metric that should be focused on when trying to determine whether a particular air tool will work as it was designed to when running off the ParkerBrand air compressor. This maintenance free compressor uses oil free diaphragm pumps to produce a clean air supply and considerably reduce noise compared to conventional piston compressors. 50 Litre Tank Oil Free - The compressor has an oil free design. This means that there's no possibility of oil contaminating the air supply. Very impressed with my new air compressor, much better than my last one from another brand. Would recommend.

I am so impressed with this very quiet and effective compressor. Perfect for my requirements of removing dust from sanded products. CookieYes sets this cookie to record the default button state of the corresponding category and the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. As for ParkerBrand, the company, it is a British online retailer that sources and ships a range of DIY and gardening equipment to consumers across the UK (and to some extent, Europe). Consequently, one can be reasonably sure that ParkerBrand equipment has been designed with the UK consumer in mind (so for instance, the 24 litre air compressor comes with a typical 3-pin UK plug), and a level of after-service that is to British standards. Indeed, buyers of the ParkerBrand air compressor have been quite pleased with how responsive the company is when problems have arisen especially when due to defects or problematic deliveries.

Noise-wise, the Draper machine is about average, which means that it is quite a noisy air compressor, but not more so than its competitors. It can be used without the need for ear protection, but it can get quite annoying if used for extended periods at close proximity. Could do with an illustrated picture of the machine in the instructions as they refer to items that are not easily identifiable. Can't really comment on the capacity as I've only used for dusting so far but seems a LOT more capable than my old Clarke Warrior and at about half the noise level. Low Noise - The Hyundai HY5508 Air Compressor has a low noise output at around the 60dB mark. Such a low noise causes minimal disruption to family, staff, customers, etc. The HY5508 features 4 robust rubber mounted feet and a carry handle for easy manoeuvrability. Powered By Standard Mains Supply

I'm a long time DIYer and have owned a 25ltr compressor for around 20 years. It started getting less reliable so I looked around for an alternative. The 'silent' range caught my eye and I nearly went for a like for like replacement - in the end I upgraded to the 50Ltr model. Powered by a 550W, 240V Direct Drive Electric Motor that provides 4 CFM of Air Displacement - The 8-litre tank is capable of 120 Litres / Minute at 100PSISIP Industrial is a very reputable British company that has a history of manufacturing tools for both industrial and domestic users, and has been making air compressors of its own since the 1980's. Today the company is involved in producing a variety of different machinery and power tools for a variety of different industries including the consumer market. SIP Industrial sells some of the best air compressor machinery in the UK, so if you are a professional tradesman or just an overactive DIY-er and you have the money to spare for this quality product, then it definitely gets our vote! Designed for DIY and light applications the HY5508 silenced oil-free air compressor is ideal for air brushing, blowing away dirt and dust, nailing, inflating tyres & inflatables or operating air tools. Feature-wise, the Hyundai HY5508 has a 550W or 3/4 hp direct-drive motor instead of a piston-based one which makes it exceptionally quiet relative to equivalent air compressors of other brands. The Hyundai air compressor is also of the oil-free variety making it low maintenance and, due to its size, is also quite portable especially given its relatively low 15 kg of weight and an integrated carry handle. The Hyundai HY5508 is a powerful yet compact direct-drive oil-free low noise air compressor from Hyundai. Designed for DIY and light applications the HY5508 silenced oil-free air compressor is ideal for air brushing, blowing away dirt and dust, nailing, inflating tyres & inflatables or operating air tools. Powered by a 550w motor directly connected to the oil-less air compressor pump and rubber mounted for low vibration, makes it ideal for the home, light workshop or garage use and is powered by standard mains 230v supply. With an 8-litre tank capacity, this compressor provides an air displacement of 4CFM/ 120 litres per minute and a maximum pressure of 7 bar/ 100psi.

The noise level is such that i dont need to raise my voice and it cant be heard outside of the garage at all which is all i can ask for. I out it under a workbench and it muffled it further so its barely noticable over the various hums from other equipment in my garage. Another notable difference worth mentioning is that on more recent units of the Hyundai HY5508 (and Hyundai air compressors in general) there no longer is a pressure-release pull-ring which has historically been used to vent tank air through the pressure release safety valve. The pull-ring on Hyundai air compressors has been removed to conform to recently updated safety compliance regulation which has advised removing the ring to prevent users from using the safety valve to vent the tank. Using the pressure release safety valve to vent the tank in normal operations has caused cases of excessive wear on the safety valve whose primary function is to protect users if a malfunction in pressurising the tank occurs. As a result, on Hyundai air compressors, air can now only be vented through the drain valve located on the underside of the air tank. The Hyundai HY5508 compressor is a piece of equipment used to pressurize air for various purposes. It is a portable device that requires a power source to operate. The compressor has a maximum pressure output of 120 PSI, which is suitable for a wide range of applications, from inflating car tires to powering pneumatic tools. The motor is capable of producing 1.5 horsepower, making the compressor efficient and powerful. Like other budget air compressors, the Orazio line of air compressors are imports from China and, as one has come to expect from other products from the Far East, component quality as well as quality control between individual units can be variable. Perhaps it is no surprise then that the technical specifications for the Orazio air compressors are incomplete and even sometimes inconsistent. For example, the airflow for the 24L Orazio machine is given as either 4.77 cfm or as 95 L / min, which is actually equal to 3.4 cfm, and it is not clear as to whether this value represents the air displacement of the compressor or its free air delivery (FAD). Given the low 1 horsepower (hp) of the motor on the Orazio machine, our inclination is to assume the lower of these two values (95L / min) should be taken as the correct airflow amount (it is also assumed to represent the FAD rather than air displacement).The SIP Airmate TN3.0/50-D compressor is a powerful machine that can generate up to 130 psi of pressure. Together with its 50L air receiver and relatively high Free Air Delivery of 9.5 CFM (air displacement of 14 CFM), it is a compressor that is capable of running the majority of air tools out there. Unlike some of its competitor products in its category and even though it has a powerful 3 hp motor, it is still able to safely operate off a normal 13A household plug. Some of that electrical efficiency comes from the twin, V-shaped pump motor design that it uses. The 24 litre Orazio air compressor is one of the budget entries into the consumer air compressor market and is primarily targeted at lower airflow applications such as airbrushing, vehicle tyre inflation or air nail gun operation. It is the mid-sized offering positioned between 9L and 45L machines from the same brand and has a number of similar characteristics to other competitor 24L budget air compressors on offer. However, the 24L Orazio machine also has a couple of standout features that differentiate it from its competitors and which can make it particularly useful for the DIYer. The compressor is equipped with a pressure gauge, which allows the user to monitor the pressure and avoid over-inflation. Its overall design is compact and lightweight, simplifying transportation and storage. The body is made of sturdy and durable materials, ensuring the longevity of the equipment. Powered by a 550W, 230V Direct Drive Electric Motor provides 4 CFM of Air Displacement - The 8-litre tank is capable of 120 Litres / Minute at 100PSI

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment