276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Study Guide for the New Edexcel IGCSE Anthology Non-Fiction for the English Language Exam: A Line-by-Line Analysis of the Non-Fiction Prose Extracts with Exam Tips for Success

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sleeping beside his granny again!” Father said. “No wonder he wanted to be asleep before I could return home — clever boy!” If you mean that your mother is spoiling him, tell her so; and don’t look at me,” she said, and turned away. She dressed simply, being unable to afford anything better, but she was every whit as unhappy as any daughter of good family who has come down in the world. Women have neither rank nor class, and their beauty, grace, and charm do service for birthright and connections. Natural guile, instinctive elegance, and adaptability are what determines their place in the hierarchy, and a girl of no birth to speak of 10 may easily be the equal of any society lady. Meanwhile, distress signals were being beamed from the ditched helicopter and from Mr Brooks’ Breitling emergency watch, a wedding present.

No. You must learn not to be afraid of darkness. It is only a question of habit. 60 You must cultivate good habits.” A spokesman for the pair said it was not known what had gone wrong. The flying conditions had been “excellent”. But Father was expecting an answer. What about creative writing? After all, I had just won first prize in an international writing competition! A steady rise in greenhouse gases won’t necessarily cause a steady rise in global temperatures. Earth’s climate is highly complicated and scientists fear that many delicate thresholds exist, which once passed could trigger a dramatic change. These thresholds have become known as “tipping points”. She became used to heavy domestic work and all kinds of ghastly kitchen chores. She washed dishes, wearing down her pink nails on the greasy pots and saucepans. She washed the dirty sheets, shirts, and floorcloths by hand and hung them up to dry on a line; each morning she took the rubbish down to the street and carried the water up, pausing for breath on each landing. And, dressed like any working-class woman, she shopped at the fruiterer’s, the grocer’s, and the butcher’s, with a basket over her arm, haggling, frequently abused and always counting every penny. 200Full of foreboding, I ran downstairs as in a nightmare, wondering who had died this time. Father’s chauffeur assured me everyone was healthy. What is more, methane has a nasty sting in its tail. Although it only hangs around in the atmosphere for about 10 years, it is far more potent as a greenhouse gas, trapping about 20 times as much heat as carbon dioxide.

From A Game of Polo with a Headless Goat Emma Levine travelled throughout Asia researching and filming unusual sports. In this passage she writes about a donkey race in Karachi.I resolved there and then that I would write the story of Gufgaduud with all the power and purpose I could muster. It seemed at the time, and still does, the only adequate answer a reporter can give to the man's question. Introduction This anthology has been prepared to support the following International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) specifications:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment