276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Clever Pour Over Coffee Dripper

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Clever Dripper is the perfect brewing method whether you are a complete beginner or a certified specialty coffee wizard. The Clever Coffee Dripper has simplified the pour-over concept by creating an easy way to brew without any bitterness, acidity or loose coffee grounds. The resulting coffee retains much of the delicious body of a French press, but does away with the sediment. Place the Clever on a surface (we recommend the special plate that comes with your dripper) and add the coffee grounds.

Make sure you’re always pouring the water directly into the coffee, and not down the sides of the filter paper (this is where a Hario Kettle comes in handy!The Coffee obtained with the Clever Dripper is really special because it comes with all the flavours of full immersion and with the purity of a Pour-Over. I have numerous and various coffee pots and machines, bean to cup, stove percolator, French Press, Mokka pot, a large Bodum drip over but I have to say I think my Clever Dripper is the best…easy to use, makes a great cup of coffee with no sediment, no waste and no mess …. If your partner asks you to share, tell them you’ll make them another one because you ain’t sharing.

Pour just below boiling water over the coffee in a slow circular motion, until the desired capacity is reached. Simply add approximately 20g of your favourite freshly ground coffee to the Clever coffee dripper with your choice of filter paper. You're not limited to the speed of the water passing through the grounds, as you can wait for as long as you like before you release the coffee through the paper. However, the Clever Dripper uses a coffee filter paper to filter the coffee once your brew is complete. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.If you're running a script or application, please register or sign in with your developer credentials here. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. It was only a short lived project, sadly, but it was also the first time I spoke directly with James Hoffmann who offered me some learnings from his own filter coffee pop-up café in London where he used the Clever Dripper. You can also upgrade your coffee experience by using Kalita Japanese Premium paper filters, or CoffeeSock Organic Cloth Filters made in the USA.

The mechanics of this brewer are such that it has a valve at the bottom that allows you to precisely time the drawdown to suit your desired outcome. I actually have a bit of a personal love story with the Clever Dripper that goes back to 2015 when I opened and ran the first filter coffee only bar in Amsterdam. With very fresh coffee this can take a few stirs to make sure all of the floating coffee gets knocked down into the brew water. Generally speaking, I use the Clever Dripper to brew a larger cup of coffee with a yield of around 300 – 320ml. The Clever Coffee Dripper has advanced the concept even further creating an easy way to brew without bitterness, acidity or loose grounds.With this bundle, you'll receive the White Clever Dripper, filter papers, a 250g bag of NS* Colombia La Estrella del Ostro Coffee, a how-to guide, and a tasting guide. The Clever Coffee Dripper takes the best parts from the immersion brewing of a cafetière and the filter of a pour over, creating something totally innovative. And I shall begin this one with a coffee maker that doesn’t usually get much attention, at least not on Instagram because, let’s face it, it’s not the prettiest. When it hits the top of the cup, the valve at the bottom opens up and your coffee starts to draw down through the filter. What we do know is that the Clever Dripper was invented in Taiwan and has been around since the early 2000’s.

Give it a stir once all the water is added to break up any clumps, then place the lid on the brewer. Simply add your water to the coffee and leave to brew for the desired time before activating the drip by placing it either straight on the cup or on a server for sharing.

You will get consistent results that bring together the best parts of both a full-immersion steep and a paper filtered brew. The Clever Coffee Dripper is an easy-to-use piece of equipment that combines two familiar coffee brewing processes to give you a coffee that’s intense but not bitter or overpowering, the perfect middle ground.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment