276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Battles Sulphur Candle 225g PACK OF 2 - Kill Greenhouse Pests and Spores

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I carefully followed the instructions, pulling the wick up 10mm out of the sulphur granules, lighting it and then beating a hasty retreat (you really don’t want a lungful of sulphur fumes).

You see, fungi cause all sorts of problems: our tomatoes and pepper plants in the greenhouse always, for example, get Botrytis (grey mould) later in the summer. Clear your greenhouse of pests by fumigating with a Garlic Greenhouse Candle and then use our Horticultural Disinfectant to clean and remove bacterial and fungal diseases. I,m 72 and have been using these for nearly 40 years as part of my greenhouse cleaning and preparation regime. With our wide range of tents and accessories, you can embrace the cold, crisp winter air as you explore frozen landscapes and winter wonderlands.You take the lid off, light the wick, close the greenhouse door on your way out and leave for 12 hours. I have a grape vine growing in mine so I wondered whether it was safe to use sulphur once the leaves have dropped and the vine is dormant. I purchased the vine weevil nematodes to all my pots, some of which I knew had an infestation and applied the topping. Having washed my greenhouse inside and out in the autumn I then like to fumigate the inside so that it’s clean and free of bugs for next season. Over the years I have had the very same with various smokes and have always resolved the problem with my blowlamp.

The sulphur candle smoke acts as a disinfectant and is perfect for getting into those hard to reach corners which washing down surfaces simply does not achieve.Don't know about making them but have bought them for the greenhouse (the tunnel is too leaky I suspect) and found them very effective. From cozy birdhouses to nourishing feeds and feeders, find everything you need to keep your backyard birds happy and healthy this season. Clear your greenhouse of these unwanted pests at ANY time of year by fumigating with a Garlic Greenhouse Candle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment